There’s all kinds of good stuff over on The Racing Biz this week, and if you haven’t been checking it out… hop on that!
For example, did you know that…
- The Maryland Racing Commission voted, at a contentious meeting, to approve a program designed to boost the Maryland breeding industry? You did if you read it here.
- Midlantic-breds fared well at the recently completed Fasig-Tipton sale? In fact, their average price rose by more than one-third from 2012 — and that’s saying nothing of a Midlantic-sired colt who fetched over $300,000– check it here.
- Dave Rodman calls the races in Maryland and Virginia, which will be pretty tricky when they both run on Belmont day? Our NIck Hahn spoke with him.
- We inaugurated new featured race handicapping this week, and ‘capper Jo Talbot helped you toss some short, but vulnerable, chalk – here?
- Our Preakness coverage wrapped up this week with images and videos galore? Check out Preakness Day in Pictures, Owner’s-Eye View of Baltimore’s Best Weekend, and Blue the Lucky Preakness Pony to get a flavor!
And, while you’re there, don’t forget to follow The Biz on Twitter and like us on Facebook!